At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Alas — we regret to inform you that you have narrowly failed your Grade 1 W.O.M.B.A.T. This may have been due to factors outside your control (eg: poltergeist intervention, examination nerves or a malfunctioning quill.). Please do not disconsolate."
- —'Poor'-graded W.O.M.B.A.T.[src]
Poor is the highest of the three failing grades, out of six grades overall, in the Ordinary Wizarding Levels, Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests, and Wizards' Ordinary Magic and Basic Aptitude Tests. It is the third lowest mark, immediately below 'Acceptable' and immediately above 'Dreadful'.
If a student receives a 'Poor' (or lower) on an O.W.L. for a particular subject, the student has failed that subject and is unable to continue on with it as a N.E.W.T. class. The student however, does have the option to repeat the subject, if they choose to do so.
Recipients of a P
|Harry Potter||Divination O.W.L.*||1996|
*: Harry's worst subject.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince