Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "You must form a trusting relationship with your porcupine. It is easier to practise Transfiguration on a willing target."
- — Professor McGonagall on the subject matter[src]
Behind the scenes
- The incantation is a misnomer, as it is indicative of a porcupine, but the spell transforms things into pincushions, and not into porcupines. For example, Lapifors turns the target into a rabbit and Avifors the target into a bird. This might be a mistake from Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery developers, where the spell appears.
- This may be related to the Hedgehog to pincushion spell, especially given that it works on any mammal with spines.
- In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, while the lesson was listed as "Porcupine to Pin Cushion" ("Pin" and "Cushion" written separately) in the game's class directory and the header of the specific lesson; during the lesson itself, the descriptions about "pincushion" were all written as one word:
- "Porcupine to Pincushion Demonstration"
- "Memorise Pincushion Shape"
- "Cast Porcupine to Pincushion"
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)