Porticus Olidus is a hall on the seventh floor of Hogwarts Castle, around the corner from the Room of Requirement. It can be accessed through the Pungent Passage, and gives way to the Detention Escape Route.
Behind the scenes
- A "Porticus" is an entrance-porch of a church. "Olidus" means, in Latin, "evil-smelling", "fetid".
- On the official Marauder's Map replica made by the Noble Collection (based on the map prop, as it looked like in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban), the Porticus Olidus seems to be located in the dungeons.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Seen on Marauder's Map)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.