|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
A group of six medieval Healers was immortalised on a portrait hung at the Grand Staircase at Hogwarts Castle. A human skeleton was also included in the portrait. The portrait was placed near the Fat Lady, on the seventh-floor level.
Attack of the Fat Lady31st of October 1993, Sirius Black attacked Fat Lady's portrait on a failed attempt to gain entrance to Gryffindor Tower. The Healers most likely witnessed the attack, as they had horrified looks on their faces afterward.
Dolores Umbridge as Headmistress of Hogwarts
Dolores Umbridge replaced Albus Dumbledore as Head of Hogwarts School in 1996. One of her first actions as Headmistress was getting rid of all the portraits at the Grand Staircase. The Healers' was one, if not the last, to be removed. Argus Filch, the caretaker, removed the portrait off the wall, and carelessly handled it, causing the group of Healers to fall as he laughed. With the reinstatement of Dumbledore as Headmaster at the end of the school year, all the portraits were hung again, including the Healers'.
Behind the scenes
- The Healers were portrayed by David Heyman, David Barron, Lionel Wigram, Tim Lewis, Lorne Orleans, and John Trehy in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- These individuals may have died sometime prior to 1993, as many portraits hung at Hogwarts Castle depict deceased individuals.
- David Heyman, the producer of the Harry Potter film series played as one of them in a cameo.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
Notes and references