- "This purple potion will make the drinker drowsy at once and help them get some peace and rest."
- — Description[src]
The Potion for Dreamless Sleep, also known as the Dreamless Sleep Potion, was a purple medicinal potion that was used to induce drowsiness and, if done properly, provide a dreamless sleep for the drinker.
During the 1989–1990 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Professor Severus Snape taught his sixth-years how to concoct this particular brew in Potions class, due in part to many of his students suffering from sleep-deprived nights following the tragic murder of Rowan Khanna.
Behind the scenes
- As Harry only drank a portion of it at first and woke up earlier than the others had expected, it is likely the amount of the potion taken is proportional to the amount of time the drinker sleeps.
- Although the "In the Story" links on the sidebar identify this potion as the "Sleeping Draught", a potion with which it shares many similarities, the potion is a collectible item and it is called "Potion for Dreamless Sleep" in the trunk description.
- The Potion for Dreamless Sleep can be brewed in Harry Potter: Magic Awakened and is used to immediately let a House treasure chest be ready for unlocking.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened