At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The Potions Storeroom was located in the Potions Classroom and was where Severus Snape stored his private supply of potions and potion ingredients in Hogwarts. The articles kept here cannot so easily be obtained at both in and out of the castle. These included Veritaserum and ingredients for Polyjuice Potion.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Neville Longbottom supplied Harry with the Gillyweed. How he got it is unknown, but it is likely that he, like Dobby, broke into the storeroom. Neville could also possibly have stolen some from the Herbology Greenhouses.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Igor Karkaroff confronts Severus Snape about the return of his Dark Mark, and Snape accuses Harry Potter of theft and threatens to use Veritaserum on him in this storeroom. In the book, both of these events happen in the Potions Classroom.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First identified as Potions Storeroom)
Notes and references