At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The Potions Storeroom was located near the Potions Classroom and Severus Snape's office, where Severus Snape stored his private supply of potions and potion ingredients in Hogwarts. The articles kept here could not so easily be obtained at both in and out of the castle. These included Veritaserum and ingredients for Polyjuice Potion.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Neville Longbottom supplied Harry with the Gillyweed. How he got it is unknown, but it is likely that he, like Dobby, broke into the storeroom. Neville could also possibly have stolen some from the Herbology Greenhouses. Later in the film, Igor Karkaroff confronts Severus Snape about the return of his Dark Mark, and Snape accuses Harry Potter of theft and threatens to use Veritaserum on him in this storeroom. In the book, both of these events happen in the Potions Classroom.
- In the PSP version of the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, this storeroom appears in the Dungeons, suggesting that there might be two Potions storerooms.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First identified as Potions Storeroom)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Mentioned only)