|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
A wizard or witch can increase the power of a spell by waving their wand around in circular motions before casting a spell. The spell, once its power has been increased, will change colour from its ordinary colour to a different colour. If one attempts to charge a spell more than the spell should be charged, it will backfire in mid-air and cause minor damage to them.
Behind the scenes
- In the fourth video game, the spell Magicus Extremos is used to replace the more generic building up of power.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (As "Magicus Extremos")
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells (As "building up power")