At least some content in this article is derived from information about Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
- Newt Scamander: "Well, there are no strange creatures —"
- Leta Lestrange: "'— only blinkered people'. How long did you get in detention for saying that to Prendergast?"
- Newt Scamander: "You know, I think it was a month that time."
- Leta Lestrange: "And I set off a Dungbomb under his desk so I could join you, do you remember?"
- — Newton Scamander and Leta Lestrange at the Ministry of Magic, 1927[src]
He once gave Newton Scamander a month's worth of detention for arguing that there are no such thing as strange creatures, just blinkered people. Leta Lestrange later set off a dungbomb under Prendergast's desk so she could join Newt in detention.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay (First mentioned)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore: Movie Magic (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- He reprimanded Newt, who began at Hogwarts in 1908. As he was in a position to do so, he must have been born, at the latest, in 1890, as Hogwarts teachers can begin teaching at age 18, after graduating.
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore: Movie Magic
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 18