- Newt Scamander: "Well, there are no strange creatures —"
- Leta Lestrange: "'— only blinkered people'. How long did you get in detention for saying that to Prendergast?"
- Newt Scamander: "You know, I think it was a month that time."
- Leta Lestrange: "And I set off a Dungbomb under his desk so I could join you, do you remember?"
- — Newton Scamander and Leta Lestrange at the Ministry of Magic, 1927[src]
Prendergast was a wizard who worked at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in around the 1910s, who worked at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in an unknown capacity. He once gave Newton Scamander a month's worth of detention for arguing that there are no strange creatures, just blinkered people. Leta Lestrange later set off a dungbomb under Prendergast's desk so she could join Newt in detention.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay (First mentioned)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- He reprimanded Newt, who began at Hogwarts in 1908. As he was in a position to do so, he must have been born, at the latest, in 1890, as Hogwarts teachers can begin teaching at age 18, after graduating.
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 18