- Newt Scamander: "Well, there are no strange creatures —"
- Leta Lestrange: "'— only blinkered people'. How long did you get in detention for saying that to Prendergast?"
- Newt Scamander: "You know, I think it was a month that time."
- Leta Lestrange: "And I set off a Dungbomb under his desk so I could join you, do you remember?"
- — Newton Scamander and Leta Lestrange at the Ministry of Magic, 1927[src]
Prendergast was a British wizard who worked at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in around the 1910s. He once gave Newton Scamander a month's worth of detention for arguing that there are no strange creatures, just blinkered people. Leta Lestrange later set off a dungbomb under Prendergast's desk so she could join Newt in detention.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ He reprimanded Newt, who began at Hogwarts in 1908. As he was in a position to do so, he must have been born, at the latest, in 1890, as Hogwarts teachers can begin teaching at age 18, after graduating.
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 18