At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Pride of Portree are a Quidditch team that play in the British and Irish Quidditch League. Formed in 1292, the team is based in the small town of Portree, which is located on the Isle of Skye, an island of the Inner Hebrides.
Fans of the Pride of Portree commonly refer to the team as the "Prides", and their playing robes are purple with a gold star emblazoned on the chest. Pride of Portree have won the League Cup at least twice.
The team was founded.
Meaghan McCormack played as Keeper for the side.
Pride of Portree were defeated by the Appleby Arrows. The two Seekers collided in their race for the Golden Snitch, and both had illegal jinxes used on them. Arrows Seeker Gregory Cotton came out of a scuffle with Portree Seeker Dougal McBride with the Snitch in his hand, only to have his head transfigured into a cabbage by McBride. McBride defended his actions to the referee, Josiah Plunkett, by claiming that Cotton had hit him with a Jelly-Fingers Curse during the race for the Snitch, and thus deserved to be "cabbaged."
Behind the scenes
- They are Andre Egwu's favourite team.
- Ravenclaw student Cho Chang mentioned the team name when she inquired about former Gryffindor Quidditch Captain Oliver Wood's present Quidditch team to Harry Potter on their date on 14 February, 1996.
- Daily Prophet Newsletters
- Quidditch Through the Ages (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references