Pyrites (fl. 1981) was a wizard and a servant of Lord Voldemort at around the time of the First Wizarding War. He was a dandy wizard who often wore white silk gloves, which would sometimes be stained with blood.
Behind the scenes
- Pyrites only appears in early drafts of the first chapter Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. In these drafts, he would have met up with Sirius Black in front of the Potter cottage. He was cut, however, with the switch in perspective to Vernon Dursley's day rather than the scene at Godric's Hollow.
- It is likely he was an actual Death Eater as well.
- Despite being cut from the series as a whole, it's possible that this character still exists as there is nothing to contradict his existence or lack thereof.
- It's also possible that he took part in the Second Wizarding War, if so he was likely either one of the Death Eaters at Little Hangleton or one of the Death Eaters to escape during the mass breakout of Azkaban. Regardless, he was probably killed or arrested following the Battle of Hogwarts.
- He may have been related to Argo Pyrites, who authored Alchemy, Ancient Art and Science.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Early draft)