|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
In 1991 Dudley Dursley with his friend Piers Polkiss wanted to see big, man-crushing pythons in the Zoo, while Harry Potter walked up to boa constrictor's tank, and unknowingly using Parselmouth, communicated with it.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Harry Potter spoke to a python from Burma. He accidentally freed the python and helped it go to Burma, while trapping his cousin inside the pen that was holding the giant snake. In the novel, the snake is a Boa constrictor from Brazil, not a python from Burma.
- In the film adaptations of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Nagini, Voldemort's pet snake, is portrayed as a Reticulated Python. A Dumeril's Ground Boa portrayal preceded this in the fourth, fifth and sixth movies.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Appears as a Patronus)