At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Quentin attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in his youth, and was later appointed to the position of Headmaster of the school. Sometime throughout his adulthood, Quentin (or, as he was known after his appointment as Headmaster, Professor Trimble) authored the book The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection, a required reading for any Defence Against the Dark Arts student.
Trimble was no longer the Headteacher when Armando Dippet took over in the early 20th century. In or prior to the end of the school term in 1986, Professor Trimble passed away, and a portrait was hung of him at the Headmaster's office in Hogwarts Castle so that he could offer advice and solace to future Headmasters of the school. Unfortunately, whoever painted his name misspelled it, a mistake that was never fixed.
Magical abilities and skills
- Defence Against the Dark Arts: Trimble appeared to be very knowledgeable in how to defend oneself from the Dark Arts, as he authored The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection, an authoritative text in the subject. He had very good knowledge of defensive spells and Dark charms and presumably how to perform them, and was highly knowledgeable of various dark creatures, meaning he had presumably experienced them himself.
- "Trimble" is most likely a derivation of "tremble", meaning "to shake" - fitting considering his career as an author of books against the dark forces.
Behind the scenes
- Professor Trimble's name is considered to be misspelled "Quintin Trimble" on his portrait in the films. But the truth is that Quintin is a variant of spelling. It may be a hint to the fact that he also was the 15th Hogwarts headmaster (15th is 'quindecim' in Latin).
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Mentioned on Disc 2)
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter Limited Edition (Appears in portrait(s))
- The Making of Harry Potter (Appears in portrait(s))
- Pottermore (Mentioned only) (On the Pottermore Insider)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- ↑ Towards the end of the second year in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, which takes place in 1986, Trimble's portrait was found interacting with Jacob's sibling. J. K. Rowling stated at the Edinburgh Book Festival on 15 August 2014 (source) that all portraits at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry are of deceased individuals. Therefore, Trimble died in or before 1986.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - see this image.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 5 (Diagon Alley)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Harry Potter Limited Edition (The Paintings of Hogwarts)
- ↑ The Tales of Beedle the Bard , Chapter F - Albus Dumbledore's notes