- "A disgusting smell filled their nostrils, making both of them pull their robes up over their noses. Eyes watering, they saw, flat on the floor in front of them, a troll even larger than the one they had tackled, out cold with a bloody lump on its head."
- —Harry and Hermione observing the incapacitated troll[src]
On 4 June 1992, after Harry Potter and Hermione Granger mastered the Chessboard, they entered the room containing this troll, only to find it completely knocked out with a bloody stump on its head. They were both very glad to have avoided facing the troll themselves, allowing them to continue with their quest.
Behind the scenes
- In the book and GBC video game, the troll has already collapsed on the floor when Harry and Hermione get there, courtesy of Quirrell. However, in the PS1 game adaptation, the troll wakes up when Harry and Hermione get there. The troll is still groggy so while Hermione tries to unlock the next door, Harry levitates the litter present in the room from out of the troll's way, without making noise. The troll doesn't notice a hole on the floor and falls into it.
- The troll and the room it guards is completely omitted from the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (GBC and PS1 versions only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 16 (Through the Trapdoor)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)