At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
He designed an elaborate trap in an attempt to capture and remove Peeves the poltergeist from Hogwarts; the trap included an assortment of weapons which the caretaker believed would be irresistible to Peeves, as well as a vast enchanted bell jar reinforced by various Containment Charms. He believed it would work, but instead Peeves burst through the bell jar, scattering the corridor with broken glass and firing random weapons acquired from the trap. The castle was evacuated, and it wasn't until the Headmistress, Eupraxia Mole, agreed to let Peeves swim in the boys toilet once weekly, have first choice of stale bread from the kitchen for throwing purposes, and give him a new hat made by Madame Bonhabille of Paris, that the poltergeist agreed to stand down.
- Rancourous is an English word which means "characterized by bitterness and resentment",which is a description that fits many caretakers at Hogwarts.
- Carpe may also be made to fit the exclamation Carpe diem!. It is used to urge someone to use what they have to succeed.This is how he planned to capture Peeves.
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)