Magical abilities and skills
- Flying: Keitch was an accomplished and skilful broomstick flyer, as he was a professional Quidditch player for the Falmouth Falcons.
- Charms: Keitch was highly talented with charm-work, given how he invented the Horton-Keitch Braking Charm.
- Spell creation: Keitch successfully created the Horton-Keitch Braking Charm, a very impressive magical accomplishment, given the immense complexity and difficulty of inventing new spells.
From the Germanic elements rand meaning "rim (of a shield)" and wulf meaning "wolf". The Normans brought this name to England, where there existed already an Old Norse cognate Randúlfr, which had been introduced by Scandinavian settlers. Randolf became rare after the Middle Ages, though it was revived in the 18th century (usually in the spelling Randolph).
- Quidditch Through the Ages (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 9 (The Development of the Racing Broom)