At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Incomplete Transfigurations are difficult to put right, but you must attempt to do so. Leaving the head of a rabbit on a footstool is irresponsible and dangerous. Say 'Reparifarge!' and the object or creature should return to its natural state."
- —Emeric Switch, A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration[src]
Reparifarge was the incantation of an untransfiguration spell. It appeared to be a general spell used to counter the effects of a Transformation spell that was poorly performed and only partially Transfigured the object in question.
This spell was covered in A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration, which stressed the importance of at least attempting this spell when necessary, as the products of incomplete Transfigurations could be dangerous.
During the 1986–1987 school year, as Rowan Khanna and Jacob's sibling helped Rubeus Hagrid finding Fang in the Transfiguration Classroom, Jacob's sibling was inspired by Rowan's line of thought, and wondered if someone had Transfigured Fang into a cauldron, therefore casting Reparifarge on a nearby cauldron, which turned out to not be Fang, but a cat.
After helping out Madam Rosmerta by serving at the Three Broomsticks Inn and retrieving ingredients for Rosmerta's special concoction of Butterbeer, so the landlady could take to time to search for a Black Quill Jacob had left behind, Madam Rosmerta kept her word and gave the object to Jacob's sibling, who Untransfigure it, revealing it to be Jacob's notebook, which Madam Rosmerta had mentioned seeing him scribbling in. The notebook was then unfortunately immediately confiscated by Argus Filch.
The incantation comes from the Latin word reparo meaning "to renew" or "repair", plus the suffix -farge (or fors) which means "shape".
Behind the scenes
- In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, if Ben Copper is chosen by Jacob's sibling to accompany them and Bill Weasley on their quest to enter the Cursed Vault on the fifth floor corridor, the Vault of Ice, he will use this charm to counter the Revelio Charm Jacob's sibling used to uncover the Vanished Stairs leading up to the vaults, thus re-concealing it in order to cover their tracks in an effort to make it impossible for the professors to tell for certain they were there.
Notes and references
- Pottermore - A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, Chapter 1 (Year Two Begins) - Transfiguration Lesson "Reparifarge"
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, Chapter 3 (The Black Quill)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Side Quest "Giant Problems"
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Chapter 3 (Three Broomsticks)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, Chapter 9 (Wizards Unite!)