- "The Revealing Charm will reveal invisible ink and messages hidden by magical means. Simply tap a book or parchment with your wand and any hidden message will be revealed. This spell is more than sufficient to overcome the basic concealing charms and so is a favourite of parents and teachers alike."
- —Miranda Goshawk, Book of Spells[src]
- "She tapped the diary three times and said, "Aparecium!""
- —Hermione using the spell on Tom Riddle's diary[src]
- Numerous arithmancers and other developers.
The Latin word appareo which means "to become visible or to appear".
Behind the scenes
- This is possibly the spell Severus Snape used to attempt to force the Marauder's Map to display its content.
- In the Nintendo DS version of the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, there is a minigame called Aparecium Pairs, the goal of which is to rub the DS's bottom screen within a time limit to reveal a card or group of cards matching the one(s) on the top screen.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells (First identified as Revealing Charm)