At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Magic Awakened. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
- "The Revealing Charm will reveal invisible ink and messages hidden by magical means. Simply tap a book or parchment with your wand and any hidden message will be revealed. This spell is more than sufficient to overcome the basic concealing charms and so is a favourite of parents and teachers alike."
- —Miranda Goshawk, Book of Spells[src]
- "She tapped the diary three times and said, "Aparecium!" Nothing happened."
- —Hermione using the spell on Tom Riddle's diary[src]
On 1 February, 1993 Hermione Granger used this spell on Tom Riddle's Diary to see if anything could be read. Nothing appeared after she used the spell because that was not the enchantment placed on the book. This spell is also listed in the Book of Spells' (chapter 2) by Miranda Goshawk.
The Latin word appareo which means "to become visible or to appear".
Behind the scenes
- It can be assumed that this spell, like several others such as the Summoning Charm, can be blocked by the effects of the Horcrux-making spell.
- In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Severus Snape possibly used this spell nonverbally to attempt to force the Marauder's Map to display its content, while aloud demanding that it reveal its secrets.
- In the Nintendo DS version of the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, there is a minigame called Aparecium Pairs, the goal of which is to rub the DS's bottom screen within a time limit to reveal a card or group of cards matching the one(s) on the top screen.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells (First identified as Revealing Charm)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened