Robert Arthur "Rob" Knox (21 August, 1989 - 24 May, 2008) was a British actor who was cast as Marcus Belby in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Knox had also been signed to reprise his role in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. However, Robert was stabbed to death on 24 May, 2008 outside of a bar in Sidcup, defending his little brother.
Tragically, only a few days after he filmed his part, 18-year-old Robert, who played Marcus Belby in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, was stabbed to death outside a pub in the London suburb of Sidcup. He died defending his younger brother from Karl Bishop who was angry after losing a previous fight.
After his death
- On 4 March, 2009, BBC reported that Karl Bishop was found guilty of Knox's murder. The next day, Bishop was given a life sentence for that conviction. Video of Rob's parents speaking after the conviction can be seen via this link.
- The Bexley Film Festival held June 10, 2009 at the London borough of Bexley at Cineworld, Bexleyheath has changed their name to The Rob Knox Film Festival to pay tribute to him.
- A tribute concert for Rob was held at St John the Evangelist Church, Sidcup, on May 2, 2009 at 7:30 P.M. Bands include Live Politics, DJ Ironic, and a number of other south-east London bands reported to give performance for the said event.
- At the première of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the cast and crew wore white wristbands in tribute to the memory of Robert Knox.
- Numerous Half-Blood Prince cast members, including Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Alfie Enoch, attended Knox's funeral.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (2009) - Marcus Belby
- "After You've Gone" - Josh (2 episodes, 2007)
- And So This Is Christmas (2007) TV episode - Josh
- Silence of the Clams (2007) TV episode - Josh
- "Trust Me, I'm a Teenager" (2003) TV series - Himself (unknown episodes, 2003)
Notes and references
- "More Potter film casting revealed" from CBBC Newsround
- Family of murdered Robert Knox speak out
- "Harry Potter actor Rob Knox murder: killer Karl Bishop" from Telegraph.co.uk
- "Man guilty of Potter actor murder" from BBC News
- "Harry Potter actor Rob Knox: profile" from Telegraph.co.uk
- Bishop found guilty of murdering Knox
- SnitchSeeker.com: Rob Knox murderer jailed for life
- Concerts and Film Festivals to Tribute Rob Knox