On the night of 26 May 1992, Ronan along with fellow centaur Bane met Rubeus Hagrid in the Forbidden Forest, who was investigating that night why unicorns in the forest were being slaughtered, although the two centaurs could not explain why and thus were unable to help him.
He was distrustful of humans, although he tried to protect Harry Potter and Hermione Granger from the other centaurs in 1996, pointing out that they were "foals", during the Skirmish in the Forbidden Forest involving Dolores Umbridge. He was described as speaking with a doleful tone, and seemed rather peaceful compared to other centaurs.
He led the charge of the centaurs from the Forbidden Forest during the Battle of Hogwarts, breaking through the Death Eater ranks into the Great Hall. It is likely that he witnessed the final battle between Lord Voldemort and Harry Potter.
Rónán (anglicized Ronan) is an Irish male given name meaning "little seal", Rón meaning "seal", and -án being a diminutive suffix in Irish Gaelic).
Behind the scenes
- Ronan is the first Centaur introduced in the Wizarding World franchise, appearing shortly before Bane in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (GBC version only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Along with others)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game