|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Rosewood is a general term to refer to about a dozen species of tree in the genus Dalberga, prized for their visually pleasant timber. This wood has a strong sweet smell, which persists over the years, explaining the name "rosewood".
Behind the scenes
- As rosewood is not mentioned among the notes of Garrick Ollivander on wand woods on Pottermore, it could be inferred that he may not have used it. However, this is not neccessarily the case, as he also used Mahogany, which was not described on Pottermore.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First identified as Rosewood)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7