At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
A rubber duck is a Muggle toy, shaped like a duck and used for recreation in a bathtub. They apparently do not exist in the wizarding world, or are simply uncommon, as Arthur Weasley once asked Harry Potter what their function was.
Behind the scenes
- Rubber ducks are a recurrent theme in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4:
- The trio trick Fluffy with a rubber duck toy.
- Myrtle throws rubber duck toys at Harry and Ron during the boys' fight against her.
- Cedric Diggory gives Harry a rubber duck as a clue to figuring out the golden egg's secret.
- Harry uses a rubber duck to distract a copy of The Monster Book of Monsters while at the Leaky Cauldron with Arthur Weasley.
- In a flashback depicting the first attack at Godric's Hollow, Lily Potter is seen playing with a rubber duck trying to get baby Harry to mimic duck sounds, just before Lord Voldemort arrives in the room.
- Daniel Radcliffe, in recalling the moment he learned that he had been cast as Harry Potter in the films, laughed upon "recalling how, at such an important moment, he was surrounded by bubbles and in the company of a rubber duck," as he was in the bath at the time the call came in.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite