At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
A rubber duck is a Muggle toy, shaped like a duck and used for recreation in a bathtub. They apparently did not exist in the wizarding world, or were simply uncommon, as Arthur Weasley once asked Harry Potter what their function was.
Behind the scenes
- Rubber ducks are a recurrent theme in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4:
- The trio trick Fluffy with a rubber duck toy.
- Myrtle throws rubber duck toys at Harry and Ron during the boys' fight against her.
- Cedric Diggory gives Harry a rubber duck as a clue to figuring out the golden egg's secret.
- Harry uses a rubber duck to distract a copy of The Monster Book of Monsters while at the Leaky Cauldron with Arthur Weasley.
- In a flashback depicting the first attack at Godric's Hollow, Lily Potter is seen playing with a rubber duck trying to get baby Harry to mimic duck sounds, just before Lord Voldemort arrives in the room.
- Daniel Radcliffe, in recalling the moment he learned that he had been cast as Harry Potter in the films, laughed upon "recalling how, at such an important moment, he was surrounded by bubbles and in the company of a rubber duck," as he was in the bath at the time the call came in.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, "A SPECIAL CELEBRATION OF HOGWARTS TEACHERS!" Achievement
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 7, Chapter 9 (A Beast of a Division) - Muggle Studies Lesson "Rubber Duck"
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - Console versions
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey, Page 41
|Professors: Quirinus Quirrell · Arif Sikander · Unidentified male professor · Charity Burbage · Alecto Carrow · Concordia Rowle|
|Classrooms: Art Classroom · Fifth Floor classroom · Muggle Studies Classroom · Muggle Studies showroom · Music Classroom|
|Textbooks: Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles|
|Subjects: Car (Model car) · Electricity · Hair spray · Light bulb · Muggle transportation · Radio · Roller Skates · Rotary phone · Rubber duck|