At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
During the 1989–1990 school year at Hogwarts, Professor Pomona Sprout grew some Sage, along with Dittany and Lavender in the Hogwarts greenhouses, in order to give to Jacob's sibling, who then gave it to Centaurs in the Forbidden Forest as an offering in order to be welcomed into the Centaur Camp.
Behind the scenes
- Salvia and "sage" are derived from the Latin salvere (to save), referring to the healing properties long attributed to the various Salvia species. Modern evidence shows possible uses as an antisweating agent, antibiotic, antifungal, astringent, antispasmodic, estrogenic, hypoglycemic, and tonic.
- Sage is also a known herb used in witchcraft and Paganism to banish negative spirits.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened