|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
|"Well, I think we should put it back in order for them, don't you?"|
- "While there have been no proven referee slayings since , there have been several incidences of broom-tampering over the centuries, the most dangerous being the transformation of the referee's broom into a Portkey, so that he or she is whisked away from the match halfway through and turns up months later in the Sahara Desert."
- —Kennilworthy Whisp, Quidditch Through the Ages
An unidentified Quidditch referee once found himself transported there, as his broomstick was transformed into a Portkey halfway through a Quidditch match. It appears that this is a semi-common occurrence with Quidditch referees.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Disc 2) (Mentioned) (Appears in photographs)
- Quidditch Through the Ages (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game (First appearance)