Sally-Anne Perks (c. 1979-1980) was a witch who began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1991, though she may not have stayed for her Ordinary Wizarding Level year. She was sorted right before Harry Potter and was either sorted into Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, or Slytherin house.
Behind the scenes
- Although Sally-Anne Perks was in the same year as Harry in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, there is no other mention of her in the series.
- However, she may be the unidentified bespectacled girl or one of the unnamed Gryffindor girls in Harry's year, in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film). It is also possible that she was one of the two un-named Hufflepuff girls in Harry's year, since only Susan Bones, Hannah Abbott and Megan Jones were mentioned to be sorted into Hufflepuff.
- Sally-Anne Perks was not called to take her test for a practical examination in the 1996 O.W.L.s. Her turn should have come after the Patil twins but before Harry Potter. This could just be a mistake of J. K. Rowling, or Sally-Anne may have been unable to attend her test. She could also have repeated one or more years, which would make her a fourth or younger year while Harry was in his fifth year.
- The option for Perks as a family name for the protagonist of Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World suggests Sally-Anne may have been a half-blood or a pure-blood.
- Afrikaans: Wolfgang Petzel
- Dutch: Sally Pekel
- Hebrew: סאלי-אן פרקס
- Italian: Sally Anne Gaius
- Japanese: サリー-アン・パークス (Sarīan Pākusu)
- Lithuanian: Seli Ana Perks
- Norwegian: Anna-Klara Pomp
- Portuguese (Brazil): Sara Perks
- Russian: Салли-Энн Перкс (Salli-Enn Perks)
- Serbian: Сали Ен Перкс (Sali En Perks)
- Slovak: Sally-Anne Perksová
- Welsh: Siriol Pennant
The following languages are the same as the original:
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and Me (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 7 (The Sorting Hat)
- J. K. Rowling's original list of forty students contains five males and five females from each house. As all five Ravenclaw females are known, the remaining females whose houses are unknown must be in one of the other three houses.
- During a practical examination of their O.W.L.s, Sally-Anne was not called to take her test. In alphabetical order, she would have appeared after the Patil twins but before Harry Potter.