- Harry: "Hi, er, we're looking for talking Gargoyles? Can you, er, talk?"
- Gargoyle: "Yes."
- Harry: "Great."
- Gargoyle: "Glad you think so."
- Hermione: "Can I ask you a question? Are you happy with your position in life?"
- Gargoyle: "No, I'm not. I'd much rather be south-facing."
- Harry: "Let's go."
- Hermione: "Maybe I should talk to someone, see about getting him moved."
- Ron: "Yeah, we could stick him in Umbridge's office. That'd serve her right. Might be a bit cruel to the gargoyle though..."
- — Finding one of the five talking gargoyles.[src]
During the 1995–1996 school year, Professor Binns assigned his Fifth year students the task of listing five talking gargoyles as a homework assignment. Harry Potter located the gargoyles as a favour to Dean Thomas so that he could attend the first meeting of Dumbledore's Army in the Room of Requirement.
Behind the scenes
- The gargoyle was voiced by Dominic Coleman in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- The gargoyle's name was identified during the game's credits.
- Other conversations with the gargoyle:
- "I don't really have time for chit-chat right now."
- —Conversation 1[src]
- "Oh good. I'm really glad you decided to talk to me. That's really improved my day."
- —Conversation 2[src]
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (First appearance)
Notes and references