- "The next morning dawned very bright and cold. The Great Hall was full of the delicious smell of fried sausages and the cheerful chatter of everyone looking forward to a good Quidditch match."
Sausages are a food made from ground meat, and, usually, salt, herbs, and spices. At Hogwarts Castle, in the mornings the students would find the Great Hall filled with the smell of fried sausages. Sausages were also served at the Welcoming Feast of 1991. Molly Weasley was also known to cook sausages at the Burrow for breakfast. It was served at the Hogwarts Welcoming Feast of 1994, and is also a flavour of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince