Madam Z. Nettles, a witch who took the Kwikspell course, wrote a testimonial for the company which stated that taking their course had improved her poor potion-making skills to such an extent that all her friends now desperately wanted to know how she made her Scintillation Solution.
Behind the scenes
- The meaning of the word scintillating ("brilliant, clever, witty"), combined with the context in which the potion is mentioned, suggest that it may be a brain tonic similar to Baruffio's Brain Elixir or Wit-Sharpening Potion.
- In Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, this was referred to as the Scintillation Potion. This potion was created for the Beta testing of the game, but it along with other potions and ingredients did not make the final cut and were not released in the game.
- The Scintillation Solution can be brewed in Harry Potter: Magic Awakened and is used to accelerate the renewal of energy points in gameplay other than duelling.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Cut from final edit)
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened