|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
A scorpion is a predatory arachnid related to the spider with a softer exoskeleton than the crab and a pair of grasping claws. They have a narrow segmented tail often carried in a characteristic forward curve over the back, ending with a venomous stinger.
Behind the scenes
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, the stained-glass mermaid in the prefect's bathroom attacks Harry Potter and Myrtle Warren with scorpions in retaliation for knocking the water out of her portrait.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, the "three spiders" used in Bartemius Crouch Junior's first Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson on the Unforgivable Curses were replaced with a single scorpion known as an Amblypygi.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Harry Potter (First appearance)
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)