Despite being Sorted into Ravenclaw, he did not excel in his studies, and has said that he would like to have the same job as Rubeus Hagrid. However, he thought Horace Slughorn was a good teacher, and learned to prepare a potion from him.
- "Scott" is from an English and Scottish surname which meant "a Scotsman". The original meaning of the word Scot is debated, but it may mean "tattoo", so given because Scotsmen often had tattoos.
- "Ancrum" is a Scottish name and is a habitational name from a place in Roxburghshire (Borders) called Ancrum, earlier Alncromb ‘bend in the river Ale’, from a word related to Welsh crwm ‘bent’, ‘curved’.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (NDS version only)
Notes and references
- ↑ He was at least in his first year at Hogwarts during the 1993–1994 school year.
- ↑ "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)