At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "She pointed her wand at Hedwig's cage. 'Scourgify.' A few feathers and droppings vanished."
- —Nymphadora Tonks's use on Hedwig's cage[src]
The Scouring Charm was used by Nymphadora Tonks when attempting to clean Hedwig's cage during their liberation of Harry Potter from 4 Privet Drive in 1995. It was later used by Ginevra Weasley on 1 September that year on the Hogwarts Express to clear Stinksap that had squirted from Neville's Mimbulus mimbletonia.
- Hermione Granger
- Jacob's sibling
- James Potter
- Neville Longbottom
- Nymphadora Tonks
- Ginny Weasley
- Mathilda Grimblehawk's partner
- Andromeda Tonks (possibly)
Perhaps related to English scour, "clean". -ify is a common English suffix meaning "to make ...". Therefore scourgify could mean "to make clean".
Behind the scenes
- This charm has a curiously similar incantation to the Cleaning Charm.
- Skurge may be a variant of this spell.
- In Wonderbook: Book of Spells, the hand gesture is "a smooth, sinuous motion, like a letter 'S".
- The Scholastic Official Site lists this as the Vanishing Spell.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 28 (Snape's Worst Memory)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Chapter 10 (Seeing Red) - Charms Lesson "Scourgify"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Chapter 15 (Dark Secrets)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 14 (The Unforgivable Curses)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 3 (The Advance Guard)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 10 (Luna Lovegood)