Scribbulus Writing Implements was a shop in Diagon Alley that sold quills, ink, and parchment. It was located next door to Quality Quidditch Supplies, and next to an archway leading into Knockturn Alley. In the summer of 1996, the shop was either abandoned or ransacked by Death Eaters. It was also a shop in Hogsmeade.
On 31 July, 1991, Rubeus Hagrid took Harry Potter to Diagon Alley to get the things he would need for his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. After meeting Draco Malfoy for the first time at Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, Harry was upset, but Hagrid took him to Scribbulus Writing Implements next, and his spirits uplifted slightly when he saw a bottle of Colour-Change Ink.
In 1992, Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger went to Scribbulus to buy school supplies. Hermione had to drag the boys away from the window display of Quality Quidditch Supplies to get them to go there.
In August of 1996, the shop had all the appearance of having been either abandoned or ransacked by Death Eaters: the show window was broken and only small parts of the glass were left; the door was rotting and had several cracks; the interior was empty, no light was on and there were not any signs of life inside the shop.
Behind the scenes
- This shop's name is not revealed in the books. It is only given in the "Tour Diagon Alley" feature included on Disc 2 of the DVD release of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (First identified as Scribbulus Writing Implements)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Briefly)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Notes and references