The Sea Serpent of Cromer was a sea serpent which lived off the coast of Cromer, Norfolk. It was slain by Glanmore Peakes during the early eighteenth century.
Behind the scenes
- It is never revealed why Peakes slayed the Sea Serpent of Cromer, as Sea Serpents are regarded as docile creatures that pose no threat to humans (despite hysterical Muggle accounts of their ferocious behaviour). It could be that this particular serpent had an unusually aggressive demeanour, or that it wasn't strictly a Sea Serpent, but rather an aggressive relative, like the Selma.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
Notes and references
- ↑ Glanmore Peakes's Chocolate Frog Card in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (companion book) - An A-Z of Fantastic Beasts
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.