At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
In the 1988–1989 school year, Patricia Rakepick destroyed Jacob's sibling's first wand. Following this, she and Jacob's sibling went to Ollivanders to buy a new wand. Garrick Ollivander presented Jacob's sibling with three wands, and explained the qualities of each one. Jacob's sibling took a look at the three wands, after which they picked one of the three wands based on the qualities they felt most fit them. This wand chose Jacob's sibling.
Behind the scenes
- The properties of the wand is player-determined, and which wand chooses you depends on what quality they are most drawn to.
- If the player replies they are most drawn to individuality and combative magic, Ollivander will give them a wand made of Ebony with a Dragon heartstring core. It is eleven-and-a-quarter inch long.
- If the player replies they are most drawn to good fortune, Ollivander will give them a wand made of Redwood with a Unicorn hair core. It is eleven inches long.
- If the player replies they are most drawn to loyalty and questing for glory. Ollivander will them a wand made of Laurel with a Phoenix feather core. It is twelve inches long.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)