At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Septimus Weasley was a pure-blood wizard who married Cedrella Black. Because he was considered to be a blood traitor by the Black family, the marriage caused Cedrella's removal from the Black Family tree. The couple had three sons, including Arthur Weasley. He was the father-in-law of Molly Weasley, paternal grandfather of Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred, George, Ron and Ginny Weasley, great-grandfather to James, Albus and Lily Potter, Victoire, Dominique, Louis, Molly II, Lucy, Fred and Roxanne Weasley and Rose and Hugo Granger-Weasley.
Septimus is a name of Latin origin. It means seventh.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that Septimus was sorted in Gryffindor house, as his son and seven of his grandchildren were sorted into Gryffindor.
- Septimus is a Roman name meaning "seventh" in Latin. This is interesting, considering that seven is the most magically powerful number, and that Septimus Weasley's son Arthur went on to have seven children. The name "Septimus" is usually given to a seventh-born son, so it can be assumed that Septimus Weasley had six older brothers.
- Bilius may be another of Septimus and Cedrella's sons; however this cannot be confirmed, as it is only known that he was the uncle of Ron and his siblings, not whether he was born a Weasley or a Prewett.
- Septimus was probably the previous owner of Ron Weasley's Wizard Chess set, as Ron's set was described to be a hand-me-down from one of his grandfathers, though it might have probably been from his maternal grandfather.
- Ironically there was a member of the Malfoy family with the name Septimus. Both families would become enemies during the twentieth century.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears on Black family tapestry)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Black Family tree
- Although it has never been confirmed that Septimus and Cedrella are Arthur's parents, this can be inferred based on Sirius Black's statement in Ch. 6 of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix that Arthur was "something like [his] second cousin once removed." The Black family tree establishes Cedrella as a first cousin once removed of both Orion and Walburga Black, Sirius's parents. Thus, any children she had would be their second cousins, and second cousins once removed of their sons Sirius and Regulus. Also, almost all of Sirius's relatives can be seen on the Black family tree because both his parents were born into the House of Black, making it unlikely that he could be related to Arthur in a way not shown. See also this talk page and an HPL essay for more information.
- Behind the Name: Septimus
- It was stated that Ginny Weasley was the first daughter in the Weasley family for seven generations. Septimus was only two generations prior to Ginny's.