|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
This British news programme ran at seven o'clock in the evening. It was on the air at least during the summer of 1995. Harry Potter covertly listened to a broadcast of this programme from under the Dursley's hydrangea bushes, hoping to hear a glimpse of news in the wizarding world misinterpreted by the Muggle newscasters. However, no such story presented itself during the time Harry listened to it.
Known stories covered
- The Spanish baggage-handlers' strike entering its second week.
- The ongoing drought in Southeast England.
- A helicopter that almost crashed in a Surrey field.
- The recent divorce of a famous actress.
- A flavour piece on Bungy, a budgerigar that had learned to water-ski. This story was covered by reporter Mary Dorkins.
Behind the scenes
- It is unclear what programme this is supposed to be. If it is meant to be The 7 O'Clock News, however, its appearance constitutes an anachronism, as that programme did not start until 2003.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the Dursleys are seen watching a weather broadcast when Harry and Dudley return from being attacked by Dementors. It is unclear if this is meant to be a part of the same programme or not.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Possible appearance)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 1 (Dudley Demented)