broomstick produced by Universal Brooms Ltd in 1955. At the time of its release, it was the cheapest racing broom on the market. However, after initial good sales and popularity, the broom was found to lose height and speed as they aged.
- Ronald Weasley had a Shooting Star before acquiring a Cleansweep Eleven.
- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry maintained a supply of them for flying lessons. Fred and George Weasley always complained that the school brooms would always fly slightly to the left or that they would start to vibrate if one flew too high. After the destruction of his Nimbus 2000, Harry Potter was forced to temporarily use one of these during Quidditch practises, but was urged to quickly find a replacement, as the broomstick's lack of speed and performance was unacceptable for actual Quidditch matches.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.