HistoryA siren appeared in a portrait in the Prefects' bathroom on the Fifth Floor of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry inside Hogwarts Castle. It appeared to help the Triwizard Champions chosen to compete in the Triwizard Tournament in 1994, namely Cedric Diggory.
Behind the scenes
- In mythology, the sirens were island-dwelling maidens that sung beautiful songs to travelling mariners to lure them into sailing closer and crashing on the treacherous rocks around their island homes.
- In the myths, the women were originally half-woman and half-bird.
- It is believed that one day, a giant sea serpent saw the sirens, and ate the bird-halves of the sirens. The sirens, in desperation, killed nearby large fish, and used their bodies to replace their missing limbs.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Seen on stained-glass window)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (Seen on stained-glass window)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Seen on stained-glass window)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (First identified as Siren)
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World
Notes and references
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.