At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Sleekeazy's Hair Potion is a potion used to tame and style hair, most particularly bushy or unruly hair."
- — Description[src]
Sleekeazy's Hair Potion and Scalp Treatment was a hair care potion and scalp treatment that was invented by Fleamont Potter. It was originally sold with the slogan "Two drops tames even the most bothersome barnet".
Noted as being suitable for all hair types on its label, it was particularly effective at taming bushy, unruly hair, allowing it to be styled "sleek". However, the label apparently cautioned against use of the product by redheads, stating it would have "unique results" for them.
In 1994, Hermione Granger used liberal amounts of the potion to prepare for the Yule Ball, which she attended with Viktor Krum, the Durmstrang champion for the Triwizard Tournament. It greatly tamed her naturally bushy hair, although she later told Harry Potter that she considered it too much trouble to use every day.
Ron Weasley also owned and apparently used this product. Though the label says it has "unique effects" for redheads, it's not specified what these are, and Ron's red hair does not appear differently after using it.
It is not known whether Harry or his friends were aware that the potion was invented by his paternal grandfather.
Behind the scenes
- The labels for the film props are spelled "Sleakeasy's" while Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 24 (Rita Skeeter's Scoop) and Writing by J. K. Rowling: "The Potter Family" at Wizarding World use the "Sleekeazy's" spelling.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter films
- Harry Potter Wizard's Collection — Label Collection book
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (On wall)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)