|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Sneezewort is a species of herbaceous perennial flowering plant in the genus Archillea.
It is used as an ingredient in the making of various potions, such as the Befuddlement Draught and Strong Invigoration Draught. It is kept with other potion ingredients in the Potions Classroom at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. This plant was also covered as part of the sixth year Herbology curriculum at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry during the 1989–1990 school year.
Behind the scenes
- Sneezewort (Achillea ptarmica) is a member of the yarrow family. The dried leaves of this plant may be used to create a sneezing powder.
- Sneezewort is also a plant native to Great Britain, where the Harry Potter series takes place.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First mentioned)
- The Road to Hogwarts Sweepstakes (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite