|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Somerset is a ceremonial county in the West Country of south-western England. It borders Bristol and Gloucestershire to the north, Wiltshire to the east, Dorset to the south-east and Devon to the south-west, with which it shares Exmoor (the location of the Exmoor Quidditch Stadium).
The Modesty Rabnott Snidget Reservation is located somewhere in this county, founded c. 14th century, and the county was the location of the search for a giant suspected to have been involved in the 1996 destruction in the West Country caused by the Death Eaters.
It also contains the city of Bath (the home of a witch who owned a cursed book which could never be finished) on the edge of the Cotswolds hills, which are known to contain trolls who killed Gondoline Oliphant in 1799.
Locations in Somerset
- Cotswolds (partially)
- Exmoor (partially)
- Exmoor Quidditch Stadium (possibly)
- Modesty Rabnott Snidget Reservation
Behind the scenes
- On 1 September, 2012, a seventeen-year-old named Alissa Howard from Somerset was revealed to be the winner of a competition by Bloomsbury Publishing to find the United Kingdom and Ireland's biggest Harry Potter fan.
- Actors Sheila Allen, John Cleese, Robbie Jarvis and Angelica Mandy were all born in Somerset.
Notes and references
- ↑ Somerset on Wikipedia
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 4 (The Arrival of the Golden Snitch)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 1 (The Other Minister)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 13 (The Very Secret Diary)
- ↑ Wizard of the Month - April 2005
- ↑ Pewter Wolf - Harry Potter Competition Winner revealed