|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
The Amazon rainforest along with the Brazilian municipalities of Caxambu, Manaus and Teresina and the Peruvian town of Tarapoto are the known locations that house the South American wizarding community.
Magical games and sports
- The Peruvian National Quidditch team is considered to be the best team from South America.
- Also the Tarapoto Tree-Skimmers are the most famous Peruvian Quidditch team.
- The Brazilian National Quidditch team has won five Quidditch World Cups and was the runner-up in the 2014 Quidditch World Cup.
- The team was also a finalist in the 1982 Quidditch World Cup.
- The Argentinian National Quidditch team has reached the quarter-finals of the Quidditch World Cup at least once in the 20th century.
- Amazonian Salamander
- Crazed Capybara
- Fire slug
- Peruvian Salamander
- Peruvian Vipertooth
- Castelobruxo is implied to be as old as Hogwarts, that is, over a thousand years.
- In 1993, the yearly International Warlock Convention was held in Brazil.
- In 2014, the 427th Quidditch World Cup was based in the Patagonian Desert, Argentina.
- The Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder was invented by the wizarding community in Peru. Also the Caxambu Style Borborygmus Potion was developed in Caxambu, Brazil.
- The Dragon Pox is a potentially fatal disease related to the Peruvian Vipertooth. It was possibly originated in South America.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells (Mentioned only)