South America is a continent in the western hemisphere. The known wizarding nations that comprise it are Argentina, Brazil and Peru.
Magical games and sports
- The Peruvian National Quidditch team is considered to be the best team from South America. Also the Tarapoto Tree-Skimmers are the most famous Peruvian team.
- The Brazilian National Quidditch team has won five Quidditch World Cups and was the runner-up in the 2014 Quidditch World Cup.
- The Argentinian National Quidditch team has reached the quarter-finals of the Quidditch World Cup at least once in the 20th century.
- Quodpot, a variant of Quidditch, is immensely popular in North and South America.
- In 1993, the yearly International Warlock Convention was held in Brazil.
- In 2014, the 427th Quidditch World Cup was based in the Patagonian Desert, Argentina.
- The Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder was invented by the wizarding community in Peru. Also the Caxambu Style Borborygmus Potion was developed in Caxambu, Brazil.
- The Dragon Pox is a potentially fatal disease related to the Peruvian Vipertooth. It was possibly originated in South America.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.