South America is a continent in the western hemisphere. The known wizarding nations that comprise it are Argentina, Brazil and Peru.
The Amazonian region along with the Brazilian municipalities of Caxambu, Manaus and Teresina and the Peruvian town of Tarapoto are the known locations that house the South American wizarding community.
Magical games and sports
- The Peruvian National Quidditch team is considered to be the best team from South America.
- Also the Tarapoto Tree-Skimmers are the most famous Peruvian Quidditch team.
- The Brazilian National Quidditch team has won five Quidditch World Cups and was the runner-up in the 2014 Quidditch World Cup.
- The Argentinian National Quidditch team has reached the quarter-finals of the Quidditch World Cup at least once in the 20th century.
- Quodpot, a variant of Quidditch, is immensely popular in North and South America.
- Amazonian Salamander
- Crazed Capybara
- Fire Slug
- Peruvian Salamander
- Peruvian Vipertooth
- In 1993, the yearly International Warlock Convention was held in Brazil.
- In 2014, the 427th Quidditch World Cup was based in the Patagonian Desert, Argentina.
- The Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder was invented by the wizarding community in Peru. Also the Caxambu Style Borborygmus Potion was developed in Caxambu, Brazil.
- The Dragon Pox is a potentially fatal disease related to the Peruvian Vipertooth. It was possibly originated in South America.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.