At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Hogwarts Legacy. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "‘Specialis revelio’ reveals spells performed on objects or potions[...]"
- — Description[src]
|Hermione Granger||1996||Used on the Half-Blood Prince's copy of Advanced Potion-Making.|
|1997||She also used the spell nonverbally during Slughorn's N.E.W.T. Potions class over a phial of poison so she could brew an antidote.|
|Harry Potter||Used this spell during Slughorn's N.E.W.T. Potions class over a phial of poison so they could attempt to brew an antidote.|
|Draco Malfoy||2020||Cast this spell in the bedroom of Voldemort's daughter, Delphi, to discover what she was hiding at St Oswald's Home for Old Witches and Wizards.|
- "Specialis Revelio! Well, it was worth a try, what are you waiting for?"
- — Draco Malfoy's attempt at the spell[src]
Latin specialis, "particular; individual" and revelare (present tense revelo), "unveil". Altogether the incantation may read as "[to] reveal the particulars [of]".
Behind the scenes
- It is interesting to note that all known instances of the performance of this spell ended up being unsuccessful.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Hogwarts Legacy
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 9 (The Half-Blood Prince)
- Scholastic Glossary
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 4 (Horace Slughorn)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 18 (Birthday Surprises)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Act Three, Scene Twenty-one