- "‘Specialis revelio’ reveals spells performed on objects or potions[...]"
- — Description[src]
- "Specialis Revelio! Well, it was worth a try, what are you waiting for?"
- — Draco Malfoy's attempt at the spell[src]
- Ernest Macmillan (Failed)
- Harry Potter (Failed)
- Hermione Granger (Failed)
- Ronald Weasley (Failed)
- Draco Malfoy (Failed)
Latin specialis, "particular; individual" and revelare (present tense revelo), "unveil". Altogether the incantation may read as "[to] reveal the particulars [of]".
Behind the scenes
- It is interesting to note that all known instances of the performance of this spell ended up being unsuccessful.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter