The Squib Rights marches were an action by a mass group of Squibs in favour of the betterment of the rights of Squibs that took place in 1968 or 1969, during Eugenia Jenkins's term as Minister for Magic. This demonstration was, presumably, unsuccessful, as a group of extremist Pure-bloods broke out in riot while it was taking place.
Behind the scenes
- The Wizards' Ordinary Magic and Basic Aptitude Test that was once posted on J. K. Rowling's official site gave, in one of its questions, the option of these marches happening during the term of Artemisia Lufkin, Grogan Stump, Faris Spavin, Nobby Leach, or Cornelius Fudge. Pottermore, however, revealed the correct answer to be none of these, as they actually took place during Eugenia Jenkins's term. What the correct answer was supposed to be on the W.O.M.B.A.T. is unknown.
- The Squib Rights marches can be the Wizarding-World equivalent to the Civil Rights marches of the Muggle world that occurred around the same period in history.
- J.K. Rowling's Official Site (First mentioned)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)