At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "There was [...] a little church whose stained-glass windows were glowing jewel-bright across the square."
- — Description[src]
St Jerome's Church was a small church in Godric's Hollow. It was located close to the village square and next to a small graveyard. The area leading up to the church was called Church Lane. It was quite old, having been built in or before the thirteenth century.
In the 1990s, the parochial vicar was the Revd. Dr Stephen Swain. Eucharist was held every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. and on the weekdays (times posted on the church notice board). Eucharist was also held in religious festivals, such as Christmas, and baptisms were also conducted on this holiday. The parish also arranged weddings and funerals and Eucharist was held there on every Sunday and weekdays in church. Saint Jerome was the patron saint of this church.
It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, should be expanded. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by expanding this article to give more complete coverage of its subject.
Behind the scenes
- The name of the church was not given in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. A sign giving the church's name as the "Parish Church of St Clementine" appeared in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1. The church's canonical name was finally revealed as "St Jerome's Church" in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (First identified as Parish Church of St Clementine)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (First identified as St Jerome's Church)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Act Four, Scene Eight
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)
- As Ignotus Peverell was buried in the graveyard.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 16 (Godric's Hollow)
- the original West End Palace Theatre production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child