|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
1993-1994 school year
By the 1993–1994 school year, both portraits were hung near the seventh-floor landing of the Grand Staircase. After the Fat Lady was attacked by Sirius Black in Hallowe'en, the eyeballs could be seen staring at the ruined portrait frame.
Appalled by the lack of view at the Grand Staircase, these portraits were moved by their own request to different locations: the Herbology corridor and the Transfiguration Courtyard. Both portraits were hung next to portraits of Timothy the Timid, to the latter's discomfort. Timothy was highly annoyed by the eyeballs' stare, and asked students to "cover him up", with paranoid claims that "he is one of them". Harry Potter, a fifth-year at the time, eventually obliged Timothy, covering the two portraits with both a bookcase (in the Transfiguration Courtyard) and a tapestry (in the Herbology Corridor).
Behind the scenes
- This portrait was identified as "Staring Portrait" in the credits of the video game version of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It was voiced in the game by David Robb.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) - Console versions
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) - Chapter 13 (Flight of the Fat Lady)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) - GBA version