Stebbins was a wizard and student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry during the 1990s.
A member of Hufflepuff House, he attended the Yule Ball with Fawcett of Ravenclaw house. They were caught, presumably kissing, in the rose bushes during the Ball by Professor Snape, and were each docked ten House points.
Behind the scenes
- In a deleted scene from the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Stebbins and Fawcett are caught kissing in one of the Hogwarts carriages, which were parked in the Entrance Courtyard.
- In the British, Canadian, Ukrainian, Russian, Polish and Danish editions of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, when Snape catches Fawcett with Stebbins in chapter 23, he says, "Ten points from Hufflepuff, Fawcett! And ten points from Ravenclaw, too, Stebbins!", although Fawcett is referred to as a Ravenclaw by Albus Dumbledore in chapter 16. The American edition of the novel amends this error, with Snape taking Fawcett's points from Ravenclaw, and Stebbins' from Hufflepuff. In the Goblet of Fire film, however, Snape makes a similar error where he refers to Fawcett as a Hufflepuff and Stebbins as a Ravenclaw. The only way it couldn't be a mistake is that Snape mentions the consequences of the partner's rule-breakings.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Deleted scene)
Notes and references
- ↑ He must have at least been in his fourth year in 1994, unless he was invited by an older student.
- ↑ "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 23 (The Yule Ball)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "S. Fawcett" on The Harry Potter Lexicon
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.