Stewart Ackerley (born c. 1982-1983) was a wizard who began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1994. He was sorted into Ravenclaw house and was incredibly nervous, often twitching and trembling during his sorting.
- "Stewart" is from an occupational surname originally belonging to a person who was a steward. It is ultimately derived from Old English stig "house" and weard "guard". As a given name, it arose in 19th century Scotland in honour of the Stuart royal family, which produced several kings and queens of Scotland and Britain between the 14th and 18th centuries.
- "Ackerley" is a Middle English name meaning 'aker', a division of land + 'ley', a lea or field.
Behind the scenes
- Bulgarian: Стюарт Акърли
- Chinese (PRC): 斯图尔特·阿克利
- Chinese (Taiwan): 史都華·艾克利
- Dutch: Sextus Aardveil
- German: Stewart Ackerley (in the first edition, it was Sterwart Ackerly)
- Hebrew: סטיוארט אקרלי
- Japanese: スチュワート・アッカリー
- Lithuanian: Stiuartas Akerlis
- Norwegian: Stig Abelsen
- Russian: Стюарт Акерли (Styuart Akerli)
- Serbian: Стјуарт Акерли (Stjuart Akerli)
The following languages are the same as the original:
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 12 (The Triwizard Tournament)
- ↑ http://www.behindthename.com/name/stuart
- ↑ http://www.searchforancestors.com/surnames/origin/a/ackerley.php