At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
During the 1992–1993 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Pomona Sprout, the Herbology Professor, was tasked with maturing many Mandrakes for stewing, in order for the Potions Master Severus Snape to brew the Mandrake Restorative Draught with them, as several individuals at the school were petrified following the opening of the Chamber of Secrets. This was a highly successful operation, with all of the individuals who were petrified by the Serpent of Slytherin restored to their original state by the end of the school year.
Mandrake is a powerful and special plant. It is meant to be put at the bottom of a hanged man's feet. Stewed means crushed and put into a stewy paste.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 9 (The Writing on the Wall)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 6 (Gilderoy Lockhart)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 18 (Dobby's Reward)